The purpose of the Local Government Committee (LGC) is:
- To advise the GICC on issues, problems, and opportunities relating to GIS within local governments in North Carolina.
- To inform local government users of geographic information about the status of GIS activities in the state, GIS efforts in state government, and the actions of the GICC.
If there are issues or concerns that you would like the LGC to address, please contact the Chair.
The Chair is elected by the members of the LGC. The Chair is Kat Clifton (336.242.2266).
Staff support is provided by Jeff Brown
ESRI Master Purchase Agreement
The NC Department of Information Technology signed an Enterprise License Agreement with ESRI in effect through June 30, 2018 that includes a Master Purchase Agreement for local governments. For details, see here
Associations Represented on the LGC
The LGC is comprised of a single representative from each of the following organizations:
- Association of Regional Council Executive Directors (ARCED)
- Carolina Chapter of the Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (CURISA)
- NC Association of County Commissioners (NCACC)
- NC Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA-NC)
- NC League of Municipalities (NCLM)
- NC Local Government Information Systems Association (NCLGISA)
- NC Property Mappers Association (NCPMA)